Jump to navigation Jump to search
Quire numbers are found on title pages and seem to record (approximately) the number of sheets comprising the finished book. See:
- David J. Shaw, ‘Use of Printed Quire and Sheet Letters in Sixteenth-Century France’, The Library, 6th series, 17, iv, December 1995, pp. 311–320.
- — , ‘Quire numbers in books printed by Antoine Aussourd’, The Library, 6th series, 20, no. 4, December 1998, pp. 364–366.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Quire number"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Saint-Gelais, Octavien de, Séjour d'honneur. 1517?. 4°. Paris: widow of Jean Trepperel and Jean Jehannot
- Scot, Michael, Phisionomia. 1520?. 8°. Paris: Antoine Aussourd, for Jean Petit.
- Sprenger, Jacob and Institoris, Henricus, Malleus maleficarum. 1520. 8°. Paris: Antoine Bonnemère, for Jean Petit.
- Sydrach. 1514?. 4°. Paris: widow of Jean Trepperel and Jean Jehannot